Internet Marketing Intern
Honeypot Marketing is an Internet Marketing, Inbound and Social Media agency with locations in Waterloo, Ontario and San Jose, Costa Rica. We leverage technology and the realities of a changing media landscape into the real world marketplace. We work with scrappy start-ups and established public-facing companies to engage consumers with the goal of turning them into brand advocates.
We also work with our companies and partners to integrate social media and technology into their business processes. This involves evangelizing the power of technology and social media, strategic planning, software development, content creation, communications, public relations, landing page design, campaign asset creation and email communications.
It’s a fast paced, exciting industry that's in a constant state of flux. We’re looking for that unique individual to join us as a Digital Marketing Intern who “gets it” and thrives on the excitement!
As a Digital Marketing Intern with Honeypot, you’ll have the opportunity to dig into the latest internet marketing strategies and learn at a fast pace within a collaborative and exciting atmosphere.
While every day at Honeypot Marketing is different (hang on!), your job as Digital Marketing Intern will include:
- Content Schedule Management- you’ll learn how we schedule, monitor and optimize monthly social media communication calendars for every partner and client of Honeypot.
- Community Management – creating, managing and growing our own and our client’s presence through all of the media channels you know: The blogosphere, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant channels.
- Integrating a Communications & Marketing Strategy – ever wonder how to create a brand persona, develop a language for multiple channels in the new and confusing media landscape, and execute that on a daily basis? Wonder no more, you’ll be learning about that very thing and working with the team to execute our internet and digital marketing strategies.
- Web and Social Analytics – digital marketing is a result based activity. You’ll learn all about Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Social Mention, and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and to continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Social Media Technologies – after diving into the deep end, you’ll have a chance to learn and expand your knowledge base by learning about how these social media technologies really work.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Maintain digital marketing accounts for clients, following best practices and direction provided to you
- Communicate regularly with team members to ensure consistency of services within budgetary constraints
- Create monthly reports for clients that offer insights into initiatives undertaken by Honeypot Marketing
- Develop tactics for clients that will help them reach their goals within the budgetary constraints
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends by regularly reading articles from industry leading websites such as SEOmoz, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch, ClickZ etc.
- Monitor client marketing initiatives on a weekly basis to ensure that the activities undertaken match the budget of the project and will help the client achieve their goals
- Review project initiatives and measure progress against goals
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure that campaigns are executed accurately, effectively, and within budget
- Generate and deliver performance reports to clients on an ongoing basis
Here are some of the skills and experience we’re looking for from you:
- Outgoing personality - you’ll be required to walk into networking events and be comfortable introducing yourself in a room of strangers
- Writing skills - experience with writing helps since you’ll be creating content and managing the distribution of that content. No, you don’t have to be Ernest Hemingway, although that would help.
- Social media experience – you’ve got some working experience with social media tools such as Hootsuite.
- Willingness to work at odd times - being an internet and digital marketer isn’t a 9-5 job. You understand that the job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of work hours
- You don’t snap under pressure.
- You’re in the game - you have a blog, active Facebook account, Twitter account and engage in other social networks such as Quora, Instagram and others.
- You’re connected - your phone, social media applications are your lifeline.
- 1 year experience working in a digital marketing capacity or you can display equivalent knowledge as it applies to online marketing
- A working knowledge of the Google AdWords and Facebook Ads platforms
- You’re working towards a Degree or Diploma or have equivalent work experience
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in client/project meetings
- Familiar with content management systems like WordPress